Christmas Present Done!



So 3,696 pieces later I have finished building my Christmas present (thank you Maria Smith Boros). Really pleased with the result, it’s a big and incredibly detailed model with some interesting insights, working sequential gearbox with paddle shifts, push rod suspension all round, four wheel drive and nice details like the scissor doors and moveable rear spoiler. But I must say it has its disappointment. Namely the way all the engineering details are covered by the bodywork (which I must say is very well done). I think Lego are missing a trick and they should really think about assembling the body separately so that you can still look at the details below. Maybe with the next model they could look at this or maybe simply doing a model showing the workings of the gearbox and paddle shifts as these are interesting and informative elements on their own. I did have the same thoughts with my previous build, the Land Rover Defender where again the gearbox and four wheel drive system was hidden by the bodywork.  Lego are you listening?? #legotechnic #lego

Comments